WELCOME TO RED DEER LAKE'S SCHOOL COUNCIL PAGE!
School Council meets every second Tuesday of the month in the RDL Learning Commons @7pm. All parents/guardians are welcome to attend.
Thank you to all those who attended our School Council meeting & AGM on October 8th. We are pleased to announce that our Executive Team for the 2019/2020 School year was voted in! Congratulations to the following individuals who will continue to fill these roles:
President: Stephanie Fitzgerald
1st Vice-President: Natasha Hubbard
2nd Vice-President: Stephanie McGill
Secretary: Danielle Camp
Treasurer: Ivy Sims
In addition, the following Director roles were filled by:
Communications: Ivy Sims
Volunteer Coordinator: Danielle Camp
Nominations & Elections: Karin Potter
School Spirit: Stephanie Fitzgerald
Casino: Natasha Hubbard
Hot Lunches: Danielle Camp
Farm to School: Maureen Thiessen
Please note: we have several new Initiatives/Events planned this year and we are still looking for committee help! They are:
- Playground - exploring the possibility of a second playground at RDL to meet the growing needs of out students.
- Artist in Residence - Bringing in an expert to create art with our entire school population.
- School Council Three Year Plan - Working with the school to determine our goals are areas of focus.
If you are interested in joining a committee please let us know by contacting Stephanie Fitzgerald, School Council President at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-797-4363.
Thank you again to all those who volunteer their time attending School Council meetings and helping with fundraising and other important Council initiatives throughout the year! We couldn’t do it without you!
DID YOU KNOW?
The Principal's role on School Council is:
- To promote a collaborative, collegial approach to decision making.
- To establish a school council.
- To be a member of school council.
- To promote the activities and mandate of the council.
- To assist the council in its operation.
- To promote the collaborative model of decision making.
The Teacher’s role on School Council is:
- To serve as a member of the school council to represent the teaching staff.
- To provide assistance and ideas for the teacher representatives on the school council.
- To support the actions and decisions of the school council.
- To ensure a teacher voice is expressed in all decisions which affect teaching and learning.
- To promote a collaborative, collegial model of decision making at the school for the school council.
- To encourage parents and the community to become involved in school activities.
- To communicate information back to fellow teachers.
The community representative on the school council will play a strong role in bringing the community perspective into the school. He or she will assist the school in building partnerships with community members and help build lines of cooperation to enhance student learning.